Essential oils are a great way to get to fall asleep. They are special oils pressed from the leaves, flowers, stems, and fruits of various plants. You just have to know how to select them since some oils are extracted in ways that cause them to lose their efficacy. We'll go over the ways to select and use them in a moment.
First let's look at what essential oils to select for the purpose of falling asleep quickly.
1) You can use chamomile and not just as a tea. Both the German and Roman varieties will work fine. It is known for calming the stomach and inducing sleep.
2) Jasmine is good for relaxation of the nervous system, and as a sedative. It also helps with breathing.
3) Lavender is soothing to the nervous system and can help lower blood pressure. Lavender has long been used for treatment of insomnia.
4) Lemon balm also known as Melissa is relaxing, helps lower blood pressure, aids coughs and calms the nerves.
5) Spikenard is a relative of valerian and is a powerful tranquilizer.
6) Neroli is another very relaxing oil often used for insomnia.
7) Rose is very soothing and relaxing.
The best way to select essential oils is to find a source that offers pesticide free, organic oils with no synthetic additives. Only quality therapeutic grade oils will have the desired effect. There are many cheap essential oil products on the market that smell nice but their usefulness pretty much ends there.
You can generally find quality essential oils products at a health food store or online. It is recommended that you select a blend that is formulated specifically for sleep that uses several oils combined with a "carrier" oil. As always you should consult your doctor about serious health concerns.
To use them you can rub them on the back of the neck and on the upper lip. Some people put a drop on a pillow before sleep. You can also put the oils into a warm bath. There are also methods of dispersing the oils into the air in the room you want to sleep in. Read the directions on the bottle as methods of use can vary depending on the particular oil.
For more information on natural ways to fall asleep fast visit http://www.sleepdeepallnight.com - Plus see more of the most effective ways to get to sleep fast at http://www.sleepdeepallnight.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ian_Lombardo